WHAT DOES A DOULA REALLY DO?
And How can a doula help you?
Doulas support you in the birthing process –
To help you find your
power, your calm, and your voice!
We support the whole mother
What do doulas do ?
1. They help prepare and educate both you and your partner for birth.
2. They help you create a unique birth plan that supports your wishes.
3. They stay with you nonstop, supporting you through the entire birth process.
4. They coach, guide and talk you through any emotional blocks or fears that might come up for you in birth.
5. They create a sacred, safe, protected and peaceful space with their energy, candles, aromatherapy and music.
6. They support you in your birth choices without judgment.
7. They provide encouragement and reassurance.
8. They help put you in birthing positions that are good for optimal fetal positioning
9. They give massages, visualizations, meditations, breath work, energy work, sounding and movement to help with pain management and comfort .
10. They advocate for the mother and her partner and can help facilitate better communication between the mother and her caregiver.
What doulas DON'T do:
Doulas are NOT medical professionals,
and don't preform medical exams, tasks, diagnose conditions
or deliver babies.
Doulas do not project their views onto you,
and they NEVER judge you or make you feel bad for the choices and decisions you make.
Having a doula can help you:
Reduce the possibility of Caesarean section
Reduce the need for pain medication and epidurals
Minimize the time of labor
Reduce the need for use of vacuum
Calm anxiety and reduce depression
Help with confidence and self-esteem
Studies show with continuous labor support provided by a doula, women experience a...
Decrease in the use of Pitocin
Decrease in the risk of delivery by c-section
Increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth*
Decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience
Decrease in intervention has been shown when the use of some form of relaxation in early labor!
WHAT CAN A DOULA DO ABOUT UNCERTAINTIES OR ANXIETY?
- "What if an intervention is suggested that I do not quite understand?"
- "What if I feel it is not really an emergency?"
- "How will I manage the pain of childbirth?"
- "What if I am unsure of questions to ask my doctor?"
- "What if the nurse talks me into doing something I dont want to do?"
- " What are we supposed to do if an emergency arises?"
- "How can my partner help me through the birth of our baby"
- "What if?...."
OUR CLIENTS HAVE SAID THEY FEEL THIS INSTEAD: (From actual Clients)
"During our birth plan session we went over all of our choices and possible interventions so that I was able to make a evidence based decision."
"the comfort measures that we went over taught my husband exactly how to help to relax me so that I didnt have to be worried about directing him while I was in labor. It was very helpful"
"Having a doula who specialized in so many things comforted my husband. He was scared a doula was there just to hold my hand."
"it was comforting knowing that our doula held no judgement that I wanted to use pain medication. After 20 hours of labor I never needed it because of her amazing rebozo trick and relaxing touch!"
Our Doula Support Packages
Basic Doula Support
Labor Support Only
**This option is only available to select clients
and is not available to everyone**
Resources & referrals
Labor support beginning at home or the hospital
Help with baby's first latch
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT OPTIONS
Looking for a more centered approach
to your birth experience?
This package is for you!
You can now book your free consultation online or contact us to set it up!
Payment plans are always available!
A 50% non refundable deposit is required to hold your space and the remaining balance is due at 34 weeks of pregnancy if not paid upfront..
We accept payments with FSA and HSA cards,
Credit, Debit, Cash, Checks,
Barter and Farm equipment